Skip to main content

NAVY & GOLD HALO EYE

NAVY & GOLD HALO EYE


I used the *LIMITED EDITION* Beauty and the Beast Eyeshadow Palette to create this look. I rarely do something so dramatic and cool-toned but I was in the mood for something really different for me, and went with a wet looking halo eye.



This was actually my SECOND attempt at this look. I used to be in *head over heels obsessive* LOVE with Lorac eyeshadows a few years ago when I was an intermediate/beginner with makeup, but since then the honeymoon phase has passed to a mild irritation and disappointment. Their shadows are GORGEOUS but they can get muddy on the eye easily if you over blend, and really need to PLACE the color, not drag or fluff.



I adore this palette *in part because Beauty and the Beast is to this day my favorite Disney movie of all time* but there was a bit of frustration getting this look done.

Let me know in the comments below what you think, everything I use to complete this look is listed below.

PRODUCT LIST
Anastasia Beverly Hills: Brow Pomade
Urban Decay: Optical Illusion Primer
Smashbox: 24 Hour Eye Primer | Primer Water
Essence Makeup: Gel Eyeliner Pencil
Lorac Cosmetics: Beauty & the Beast Palette
Dior: Pump & Volume Mascara
Bare Minerals: BarePro Performance Wear Foundation
BH Cosmetics: Studio Pro Concealer
KoKo Lashes: Bella
Morphe: Brushes
Sigma: Brushes

For more looks check out my Instagram and YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts

WHY GETTING MY SEPTUM PIERCING WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MY SELF ESTEEM

GETTING A SEPTUM PIERCING If I can do this, I can do anything 3 days ago (Friday) I was struck with the sudden urge to do 3 things; get my hair cut, get a tattoo, and get a septum piercing. The hair cut came Sunday, since after spending months growing out my pixie cut I was FINALLY at the length I wanted. After having it at chin length for only a week I remembered very quickly why I kept it at the length I did for so many years and chopped it back off again. I tell myself I'll grow it out eventually but this being the 3rd time I've tried and failed to grow it out in the last 6 years I'm not going to hold my breath. Secondly, the tattoo. Something I've wanted for years, something I've always found attractive on others, but for several reasons (both personal and professional) I never ended up going through with. This was not something that I wanted to rush into, so I squashed down the urge for now and am researching artists, pricing, and design so that th...

SMOKEY LAVENDER EYELOOK FOR FAIR SKIN

SMOKEY LAVENDER EYELOOK  With such extremely fair skin, I have a hard time pulling off these colors without looking washed out. Muted antique tones look amazing on warm or dark skintone but with cool toned pink skin it's difficult to pull off. I balanced out the color with deep browns and black to make it more SMOKEY. If I had used cool tones in the crease and outer corner it would have looked like a giant bruise on my eye. The wing got away from me, I don't know what happened. Let me know in the comments below what you think, everything I use to complete this look is listed below. PRODUCT LIST Jaclyn Hill: Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette Bareminerals: Eyeshadow Duo Urban Decay: Optical Illusion Primer NYX Cosmetics:  Eyebrow Pencil Smashbox: 24 Hour Eye Primer | Primer Water Stila: Waterproof Liquid Liner Essence Makeup: Gel Eyeliner Pencil Loreal: Infallible Setting Spray Maybelline: Big Shot Mascara BH Cosmetics: Studio P...

FROSTY BLUE SMOKEY EYE

FROSTY BLUE SMOKEY EYE I was SO inspired by the color Axis from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette for this look. I saw that blue and was like 'you shall be my main attraction!'. I ended up mixing a few different palettes to get this look but I LOVE how it turned out so much. I used the white highlight from the Ofra Cosmetics Beverly Hills Highlighter Wheel on the lid and it's so frosty and metallic I love it. This whole look came out so much more wearable than I was expecting, and I hope you guys like it as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below what you think, everything I use to complete this look is listed below. PRODUCT LIST Anastasia Beverly Hills:  Subculture Palette Urban Decay: Optical Illusion Primer NYX Cosmetics:  Eyebrow Pencil Smashbox: 24 Hour Eye Primer | Primer Water Stila: Waterproof Liquid Liner Essence Makeup: Lash Princess Mascara | Gel Eyeliner Pencil Loreal: Infallible Setting Spr...